First ever Teaching and Learning with Technology day a great success

On the 2nd of November 2011 Fundani and the Center for eLearning launched the first CPUT Teaching and Learning with Technology Day.

The day offered a packed programme including 3 key note speeches, 10 presentations, 3 open discussions, 3 workshops and show and tell sessions. One of the presentations was broadcasted to 40 academics via the SATN’s Elluminate platform, including participants from 4 other Universities of Technology and 3 of the Higher Colleges of Technology in the United Arabic Emirates.

Feedback was very positive:

“Congratulations to you for making this day a reality – what a wonderful start to an event that I hope will become an annual event on the Fundani calendar.”, Marianne Bester, HoD Curriculum Development, Fundani, CPUT

“I would like to echo all those who think that yesterday’s event was a big success.” Sakkie Smit, Director Center for eLearning, CPUT

“I will be remiss if I fail also to congratulate  Eunice, Daniela, Linda, Chris and the entire Fundani team for the wonderful organization. I really enjoyed it.  Well done and keep it up. ” Dr Chris Nhlapo, DVC Research, CPUT

“THANK YOU SO MUCH for creating this absolutely fantastic day. All around me I see staff taking notes frantically and getting really excited about the possibilities of elearning. I am sure this will go a long way towards rejuvenating the way in which we teach at CPUT and specifically in FID.”, Prof Johannes Cronje, Dean Faculty of Informatics and Design, CPUT

Presentations, videos and podcasts of the event accessible here.

This entry was posted in good practice, workshops. Bookmark the permalink.