2nd Call for Papers
2 and 3 December 2020
Time: 9h00 -12h00
Fundani CHED will be hosting its first Online RITAL conference via Microsoft Teams.
Theme: Institutional adaptations during the COVID 19 pandemic: Exploring staff experiences with Remote Teaching and Learning
The RITAL conference will bring together academics across the disciplines who are interested in discussing institutional, curriculum and pedagogical adaptations during the COVID 19 pandemic. The online platform will enable academics to explore how the rapid shift to online learning affected their teaching, including:
- how remote teaching and learning impact on student learning and the social relationships of learning;
- how the shift from blended learning to fully online learning changed lecturers’ teaching approaches;
- how institutional responsiveness and strategies influenced teaching and learning; and
- how lecturers dealt with the social inequities of our socio-cultural and educational landscape when they were confronted with students from challenging environments who lack the basic resources such as food and electricity.
Empirical studies, as well as reflected work, will be considered. Academic staff and postgraduate students are invited to submit abstracts that explore educational adaptations during remote teaching and learning under any of the following conference sub-themes:
- Pedagogical practices
- Research on teaching and learning
- Remote teaching and learning
- Academic development
- Decolonisation and transformation of the curriculum
- Technology-enhanced teaching and learning
- Language and the curriculum
- Enhancing student learning and success
- Student engagement
- Curriculum development
- Institutional transformation
Academic support staff are also encouraged to participate, e.g. the Student Counselling Unit, The Disability Unit, HIV\ AIDS Unit, and the Community Engagement Unit.
- Submission of abstracts: 13 November 2020.
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 17 November 2020.
- Abstracts of 200-250 words for online presentations.
Please complete the form below by 6 November 2020.
Dr Najwa Norodien-Fataar
Senior Lecturer: Academic Staff Development Unit