This programme performs the following functions or duties:
- Supporting student learning in mathematics
- Developing appropriate teaching and learning materials to enhance student learning
- Developing open education resource (OER) mathematics learning material
- Undertaking research on mathematics teaching
- Performing administrative functions
Mathematics support assists students with study skills in the learning of mathematics.
- Individual consultation: the student brings a mathematical problem on a specific topic, then a mathematics support lecturer assists them within an hour.
- Group consultation: students are also allowed to bring their mathematical problems in groups. In this case, a workshop is scheduled and then conducted.
- Self-study activities are designed to allow students to work on their own
- Team teaching: the mathematics support lecturer works in collaboration with faculty mathematics lecturers to find mathematical problem areas and provide solutions for the students’
Lecturers responsible for the Mathematics support programme: Mr Frikkie George