Students

Alumni Bursary Fund a saviour for deserving students

HELP AT HAND: Thanks to the generosity of CPUT’s alumni who have given back to the university through our Bursary Fund, six academically-deserving students have been awarded funding towards payment of their fees

Thanks to the generosity of CPUT’s alumni who have given back to the university through our Bursary Fund, six academically-deserving students have been awarded funding towards payment of their fees.

The Bursary Fund is a lifeline for bright but cash-strapped young movers and shakers, who were chosen from a range of departments and faculties. Drawn from Mechanical Engineering, Marketing, Radiography, Civil Engineering and Dental Technology Departments, amongst others, these students have all consistently achieved excellent results.

Ntombizamazondwa Ndaku, who is currently completing the second year of her BSc in Diagnostic Radiography , expressed her joy and gratitude on hearing the news.

“I’ve always believed that education is an inheritance that can never be taken away from you. After knocking without success on many doors for financial aid, I felt my graduation day slowly disappearing from my vision and dreams. This opportunity couldn’t come at a better time – my father was filled with excitement and cried tears of joy when I told him the wonderful news.”

Alumni Association outgoing chairperson, Jeff Daniels, was present at the official bursary fund handover and encouraged the students to make the most of this opportunity.

“As I sit with you all today, I remember the challenges I too faced as a student. Through your academic achievements, you’ve shown great promise and will no doubt one day be successful in your chosen fields. And when this day comes, I urge you to look back with gratitude to those who helped you on your way. As graduates, we have a responsibility to contribute to our society, to give back to the next generation in whatever small or large way we can. Donating to CPUT’s Bursary Fund is a simple and life-changing way to do so.”

If you’d like to donate to our Bursary Fund, simply click here for more information. It’s a quick, easy and secure way to give back to those who need it most.

By Jan Weintrob